Sunday, January 10, 2010

Tidal Basin Ice


Sunrise at the Tidal Basin, Saturday January 9, 2010.

I made a trip to the Tidal Basin early Saturday morning to shoot the sunrise. The Tidal Basin was ice-covered with wind-blown snow that fell two days earlier, small drifts about 6" deep were on the hillside facing the water. I set up my tripod on the edge of the Tidal Basin trail, facing the Jefferson, and photographed from dawn to sunrise. It got a bit chilly, my toes were quite cold. Above is the sunrise, below is dawn.


Dawn at the Tidal Basin, Saturday January 9, 2010.

The first photo could be a calendar photo for January 2011, provided we don't get any more winter weather this month. I'm looking forward to the chance of a big storm next weekend. It's too soon, however, to know if this will be snow, rain, or a miss to the south.

No comments:

Post a Comment