Friday, February 19, 2010

Wow, what a February so far...



After two historic snowstorms in early February, Washington broke the 1899 record for the most snow in a single winter season. I was snowbound in my neighborhood for 6 days. On the morning of February 12, after earth movers cleared my street, I fought the metro lines for shuttle buses and made it to the Mall. Here is my favorite photo from that morning, showing the amazing snow depth in D.C. I had the Mall and Smithsonian to myself that day. A rare day indeed.

As of this writing, on February 19, we have a rainstorm forecast to put a damper on our snow cover in about three days, then a possible snowstorm to follow later to close out the month. For now, the rumors are it could be a major snowstorm, we shall see...

No comments:

Post a Comment